COCEAL Impact Practice Awards
The purpose of CoCEAL’s annual Impact Practice (CIP) Awards is to recognize, promote, and celebrate impactful intentional practices that center and advance the academic and social success for Latinx students in Colorado higher education. There are four impact areas for the CIP Awards: Student, Faculty, Staff, and Community.
- Staff Impact Practice Award
Awarded in recognition of an individual staff person, staff organization, or staff-lead initiative that advances the academic and social success for Latinx students in Colorado higher education.
- Faculty Impact Practice Award
Awarded in recognition of an individual faculty person, faculty organization, or faculty-lead initiative that advances the academic and social success for Latinx students in Colorado higher education.
- Student Impact Practice Award
Awarded in recognition of an individual student, student organization, or student-lead initiative that advances the academic and social success for Latinx students in Colorado higher education.
- Community Impact Practice Award
Awarded in recognition of an individual community member, community organization, or community-lead initiative that advances the academic and social success for Latinx students in Colorado higher education.
Award winners are determined by a selection committee made up of CoCEAL members and board members. If you are interested in serving on a future selection committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of impact practices include but are not limited to:
- Innovative and intentional practices, policy development, research, initiatives, curriculum development, support programs, services, community partnerships, etc. that advance educational equity for Latinx communities
- Grassroots initiatives in service to educational advancement of Latinx communities
- Mentorship and leadership programs
- DREAMers/DACA/undocumented student support
- Pathway/pipeline programs aimed at advancing educational access of Latinx communities
- Innovative recruitment/retention strategies
- Significant social/cultural impact with regards to education of Latinx communities in Colorado
Examples of Guiding Questions
- What is the area of Impact Practice?
- What are the relevant dates and timelines?
- What is the mission and vision?
- What measurable goals/outcomes have been set?
- How does overall mission impact Latinx students, faculty, staff, and/or community members?
- Examples of the impact and/or efforts to support Latinxs in higher education.
- Who are the essential staff, their key responsibilities, and the contribution they have on Impact Practice success.
- What is the primary source of funding? Please include current and future funding
- Share how the Impact Practice has evolved and strengthened the success of Latinxs in higher education since its inception.
Individual, group, and/or self-nominations are all welcomed. You may submit multiple nominations. Nominees should be either CoCEAL members or affiliated with a CoCEAL members’ respective institution/organization.
Nominations should be submitted through the provided online nomination form. To submit a nomination, please click here to be directed to the full online application. Any supporting documentation may be emailed to email@example.com. Examples of supporting documents include but are not limited to: Letters of nomination, letters of support, reports, program plans, outcomes, pictures, other relevant evidence files, pictures, etc. Please ensure your nominees name is included in the subject of email.
To review the rubric criteria used in the CIP Awards review process, please click here: CoCEAL Impact Practice Awards Rubric
Thank you all for your considerations and nominations. For questions or concerns regarding awards please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will get back to you!